Why I Stopped shopping for futures brokers.
I have had 4 futures trading accounts at the same time in order to diversify my funds.
After you go through MF Global and PFG, you don't trust anyone, so I diversified with 4 brokers. This was a nightmare in itself due to the learning curve of each platform.
Even if you use some brokers as a backup, you still need to know how to place trades just in case lady market goes wild. Fast forward almost 24 months, and the ONLY brokers that I am speaking with are Optimus.
Whilst dealing with 4 brokers, here is the propaganda:
1) In all brokerages, besides Optimus, my reps have changed. I do not know if the brokers were promoted or kicked out.
2) Most "brokers" are very young and have no clue in trading or software.
3) Most IBs promote the same software that their FCMs give them. All support calls go to the FCM.
4) Commissions are never as promised.
5) figuring out the software is on your own. BYOB Bring your own book!
Optimus operates on a different level of standards. They know my platforms, they understand the technical issues without BSing me, and commissions were as promised.
My set up:
1) Multichart for execution. Excellent piece!
2) IRT+DTN for Market Profile
3) Rithmic Trader for back up.
The entire set up was done by them with remote service.
I know there are many traders just like me out there, who simply seek a straight forward person to deal with without all the nonsense. Go Optimus! because this is my "Bloody Oath" that these blokes are fine, fine, fine.
This review is the subjective opinion of an Investimonials member and not of Investimonials LLC
Was this review helpful?